Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Molly's Life Part 4- Starting a new school!

Mom dropped me off at the bus stop this morning on time but the bus never came! Me and a girl named Charity (same name as my lil sis!) stood there waiting forever! I finally used the payphone to call mom and she can only drive back roads so took us forever to get there! We were late and missed assembly so I got like everything wrong on the quiz we had to take in homeroom about the school!! I am a perfect score kinda girl! Not a perfect 0!

Most of my teacher's seem nice. My biology teacher is my homeroom teacher. All the tests they had me take this summer apparently had me testing out of some classes so I am in with some sophomores and already have some completed "credits" Not that it means much unless I wanna be a slacker my senior year and take less classes and still graduate. Knowing me I will take as many as I can though but nice to know I am ahead of the game. So I have biology with mostly upperclassmen and Latin 1 only runs every 2 years so all grades are in that as well because the priest only teaches a few classes so he rotates Latin 1 and 2 each year. I know a few girls from being in my grade school. this is NOTHING like grade school! I am no longer easily the top girl in the class. One the school is all girls so to be top girl I have to be top! Two the classes seem to be divided by skill so the best of the best are all in my classes! I feel a LOT less smart than I did this morning!!! I am REALLY going to have to work my tail off and even then I don't know if I can keep up!

We get to choose "activity period clubs" and get 2 activity periods a month. they call it a T schedule. T1 and T2 days. Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month we will have a special schedule where all the periods are shortened and an extra is added in after homeroom for activity clubs. My English teacher is soooo awesome and asked me PERSONALLY after my first day if I would like to be in the newspaper for my T2 activity! Newspaper normally takes up both T1 and T2 but newspaper is REALLY picky! Freshman have to train for an entire year at T2 and after school before they are even allowed to touch the school newspaper. Seems we win LOTS of newspaper awards each year!!! So I had to find an activity for T1. Sister Francis, the activities director, has a "floral arts and crafts" class that I decided would be fun! In 6th grade I used to work at the flower shop mostly doing stock work for a few bucks but they let me make some artificial wreaths and even mess with some more basic live ones at the end of the year and I loved it!

All my teachers seem at least nice. Hard to tell on the first day of school I think how each class will go.

I hope the bus comes tomorrow. Now I am going to get a head start on the outlines that some of the teachers gave us for the year. I need all the help I can get if I wanna shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your thoughts! Have a sunshiney day!